Migration from 3.x to 4.x
There were some configuration changes in OpenWRT in meantime and we should implement script that migrates those primary settings
- Switch configuration is now done using DSA and switch sections are obsolete. We have to migrate them.
Create new bridge interface for VLANs without CPU port assigned.(won't be implemented unless wide deployment with such config is discovered)
- Updater configuration and userlists to pkglists
Wifi paths migration (
option path 'soc/soc:pcie-controller/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0'vs
option macaddr '04:f0:21:1c:b7:52')
- Detect and select sfp
update takes a long time because ubus seems to be timing out. I is enough to kill
ubusdwhen new version is installed.
/etc/services_wantedis updated later in update and because of that some services (syslog-ng, dnsmasq, ...) are not activated. turris-build@154d9217)
- some services like lighttpd and mysql are ordered before ubus update do they postinst scripts are hanging (on procd timeout) (solution: turris/updater/updater#137)
- services are still not enabled even with fix from previous line (solution: turris/updater/updater#273 (closed))
after migration Foris reports LAN and guest as to not contain any interface. This is because it expects
ifnameas list not option.
region country is not set in Foris. This is because of missing
system._countryoption but do we care? (this is because it wasn't set in 3.x. If set then it is correctly carried over)
- nextcloud does not work after update. Website is empty. (#431 (closed))
single interface in network should be
listotherwise wan dhcp proto does not work (a9ec3c8b)
- knot resolver is unreachable for some reason (problem was in loopback not having interface)
uuidnow really uses
subuuid(SUBUUID drives are not mounted. We should replace SUBUUIDs with UUIDs)
- User installed packages that are no longer available in 4.0+ should be removed/disabled somehow or we should not initialize update. (turris-build!59 (closed), turris-build!107 (merged))
- updater is unable to found localrepo repositories (!168 (merged))
- basic network configuration (switch, bridges, ..)
- guest wifi and network configuration
- firewall rules
- DNS configuration
- storage plugin
- haas (honeypot as a service)
- dev detect (migration from pakon-dev-detect to dev-detect)
Things to notify users about:
- Updater approvals are disabled for this migration to mitigate possibility that because of link dependencies the approve would be impossible to give. Notification about it is send to notification system once user installs
tos3to4on Turris OS 3.x.
- Updater is reported as disabled during update.